1/5 Photos of BLT Macaroni Salad
My DH always raved about my mom's pasta salad until I found the inspiration for this recipe in TOH June 2002. Now he doesn't like it any other way. I have modified the original recipe over the years & now need to post it here for safe-keeping because the clipping is falling apart. UPDATE: May 2010 - I'd like to add that this recipe has now been tested with gluten free pasta and turkey bacon and was just as delicious as the posted recipe. Keep in mind though that a little extra mayo was needed with the GF pasta. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil pasta per package directions, then drain & rinse in cold water.
- 2While pasta is cooking, trim most of the fat from the bacon, chop into 1-inch pieces & then panfry til almost crisp; drain on paper towels & set aside.
- 3In large bowl, combine mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper, celery, onion & bacon.
- 4Gently stir in tomato, & pasta.
- 5Cover tightly & refrigerate til serving.
- 6*Note: Original recipe reserves bacon to add right before serving. I've done both but usually mix it immediately to save time.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.1
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 512.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g