Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce (if you do not have this, you can use whatever you like)
- 6 -8 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 cups herbed croutons
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the first 7 ingredients (sour cream through garlic); set aside.
- In 9X13 inch baking dish layer lettuce, bacon and tomatoes.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over tomato layer.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with croutons and serve immediately.
Easy, quick salad to put together for picnics etc. I have also used canned tomatoes with good results.
Great salad! The dressing is very good.