Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Layered salad easy to make and very tasty! Came from a flyer at the local grocery store at least 29 years ago. Remember making this as a newlywed and now 2 kids and 30 years later its a family favorite!!
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix (Good Seasons)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) package romaine lettuce, in bite size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Combine dresing mix, sour cream, mayonnaise and milk in a large salad bowl. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and cheese. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Just before serving, toss well to coat salad with dressing. Enjoy!
I thought this was such a neat idea and planned to serve them in bread bowls. I ended up serving them with homemade bread alongside instead. This made a pretty layered salad. I used turkey bacon and added a few thin slices of purple onions, but otherwise followed the recipe. I'll make this again. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Safari 2013 Pick A ?Chef.