Prep 22 mins
Cook 40 mins
great for an appetizer
- 1 lb frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 -5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cooked bacon, crumbled (about 8 slices)
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce leaf, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Stretch or roll bread dough into greased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. (If dough is difficult to stretch, cover with plastic food wrap and let rest 10 minutes, then continue stretching to fit into pan.).
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and pepper in small bowl.
- Spread evenly over dough.
- Combine tomatoes, bacon, 3/4 cup cheese and green onions in medium bowl; toss lightly.
- Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; continue baking just until cheese is melted (2 to 3 minutes).
- Immediately sprinkle with lettuce. Cut into squares.
- Serve warm.
Yum! This was great! I made 1 change - used shredded mozzarella instead of MJ cheese as that's what I had on hand. I ate mine with the lettuce as written but the men of the house topped their's with chopped jalapeno peppers (plebians, huh?) Timing for my convection oven = 375 degrees for 15 minutes then 2 minutes to melt the cheese. Thanks for posting this excellent recipe!