Recipe by ellie_
Adapted from a recipe in Redbook. The original recipe used Artic Char -- which I am not able to buy where I live -- subbed catfish and thick bread (challah, toasted) -- buns worked fine for us.
Top Review by loof
Great fish sandwich! Very tasty with the flavored mayo and the bacon. I used precooked bacon and tilapia for the fish. Great hearty sandwich that's quick and easy too - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 7 slices bacon (I used peppered bacon)
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 orange, grated zest and juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pressed garlic (original recipe used garlic paste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich buns, toasted if desired
- 1 lb catfish, cut into 4 pieces
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and cook bacon (I use thick peppered bacon which takes longer to cook -- about 10-20 minutes). Drain on paper towels.
- Drain excess grease from pan and after salt and peppering fish cook fish in same pan (5-10 minutes per side depending on thickness of fish).
- In a small bowl mix together dressing (mayo - salt and pepper).
- Toast buns and spread mayo mixure on bottom of bun, add lettuce tomato slice, bacon and 1 piece fish top with lettuce and tomato and top bun (spead with mayo mixture) mayo side down.
- Repeat for rest of the sandwiches.