1/1 Photo of BLT Fish Sandwiches
Adapted from a recipe in Redbook. The original recipe used Artic Char -- which I am not able to buy where I live -- subbed catfish and thick bread (challah, toasted) -- buns worked fine for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 slices bacon (I used peppered bacon)
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 orange, grated zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pressed garlic (original recipe used garlic paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich buns, toasted if desired
- 1 lb catfish, cut into 4 pieces
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1Heat a grill pan over medium heat and cook bacon (I use thick peppered bacon which takes longer to cook -- about 10-20 minutes). Drain on paper towels.
- 2Drain excess grease from pan and after salt and peppering fish cook fish in same pan (5-10 minutes per side depending on thickness of fish).
- 3In a small bowl mix together dressing (mayo - salt and pepper).
- 4Toast buns and spread mayo mixure on bottom of bun, add lettuce tomato slice, bacon and 1 piece fish top with lettuce and tomato and top bun (spead with mayo mixture) mayo side down.
- 5Repeat for rest of the sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Fish Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 602.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 23.6 g