Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One night I was watching "Throwdown With Bobby Flay" and he was challenging "Pink's" which is a hot dog stand in Hollywood Ca. I was inspired to make my own "gourmet" hot dog. Loving BLT's as much as I do, this recipe is the end result of that inspiration. Now this will make 8 servings if you have side dishes,or 4 servings with 2 "dogs" each. For sides I would suggest your favorite recipes for baked beans, slaw, or potato salad. Submitted to "Zaar" on May 20th,2007.
- 453.59 g packagejumbo hot dogs (8 dogs in package)
- 10 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 hot dog buns, split (toasted optional)
- 39.43 ml mayonnaise, divided
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, diced
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cook hot dogs your way; broiled, fried, or grilled.
- On each split plain or toasted bun, spread one teaspoon mayonnaise (can use more if desired).
- Add desired amount of lettuce, place dog in middle.
- Sprinkle a little diced tomato and bacon on each side of dog.
- Eat and enjoy!
These were great. I got a great deal on hot dogs at the grocery store, so I'm trying to find creative ways to use them. I never would have thought of this myself! My husband loved them too. I wouldn't change anything about ther recipe. I will be making these again!
Made these for lunch yeterday... We thought they were pretty tasty. I think next time, I'll add diced sweet onion. My daughter doesn't normally eat hot dogs, ate two of these as did my son and DH. I was stuffed after just one LOL. Thanks for a fun different recipe. :)
This was a great recipe!! I made a few changes to the procedure. First of all, I chose to grill the hotdogs. (I used the small red dogs.)Second, I completely split the buns to make a sandwich-like thing, and toasted on the grill. I also cooked the bacon on the grill. I didn't crumble the bacon. Instead, I split the dogs and just put a slice of bacon under each one. Letting everyone fix their own sandwich, this was a huge success. Everyone loved it, even the picky eaters. Thanks for this recipe!!