Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
One night I was watching "Throwdown With Bobby Flay" and he was challenging "Pink's" which is a hot dog stand in Hollywood Ca. I was inspired to make my own "gourmet" hot dog. Loving BLT's as much as I do, this recipe is the end result of that inspiration. Now this will make 8 servings if you have side dishes,or 4 servings with 2 "dogs" each. For sides I would suggest your favorite recipes for baked beans, slaw, or potato salad. Submitted to "Zaar" on May 20th,2007.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
These were great. I got a great deal on hot dogs at the grocery store, so I'm trying to find creative ways to use them. I never would have thought of this myself! My husband loved them too. I wouldn't change anything about ther recipe. I will be making these again!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagejumbo hot dogs (8 dogs in package)
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 hot dog buns, split (toasted optional)
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook hot dogs your way; broiled, fried, or grilled.
- On each split plain or toasted bun, spread one teaspoon mayonnaise (can use more if desired).
- Add desired amount of lettuce, place dog in middle.
- Sprinkle a little diced tomato and bacon on each side of dog.
- Eat and enjoy!