Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip is easy and delicious!!! Your friends and family will not be able to get enough! It is important that you do not substitute the Miracle Whip for any other mayonnaise, because it will not have the same flavor. This is the true taste of Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato! Please come back and rate this recipe after you have enjoyed it!!!
- 1 (32 ounce) jar Miracle Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) jarhormel or oscar mayer real bacon (crumbles or bits)
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- Blend all ingredients well in large bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- I like to take a large loaf of Italian Bread, and cut a section of the bread out of the top, to form a"well", and cut up the bread that I remove from the"well" into large cubes for dipping, and pour the dip into the"bread bowl".
- Then place the bread loaf on a large platter, and arrange the cubes of bread around it!
- This makes for an attractive and delicious presentation!
- Can also be served with cocktail rye, or chips.
- This makes a lot of dip, so for smaller groups, cut recipe in 1/2.
It really does taste like a blt. The first time I made it my daughter got the hard bacon bits by accident. Not very good. The second time I got the real bacon bits, much better, but I couldn't get past the feeling I was eating straight mayo...
This really DOES taste like a BLT. We also let this dip sit for almost 24 hours before serving which lets the flavor blend well and the extra added bonus of having it made ahead of time. I personally do not care for Miracle Whip so I used Hellman's Mayo and it worked great for us. Thanks for sharing, Mrs. Gottrocks.
Someone brought this as an appetizer to my house and it was very good. I was actually quite surprised. It really does taste like a BLT ! And she said it was super easy to make.