Recipe by Mrs. Gottrocks
This dip is easy and delicious!!! Your friends and family will not be able to get enough! It is important that you do not substitute the Miracle Whip for any other mayonnaise, because it will not have the same flavor. This is the true taste of Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato! Please come back and rate this recipe after you have enjoyed it!!!
Top Review by vonne jensen
It really does taste like a blt. The first time I made it my daughter got the hard bacon bits by accident. Not very good. The second time I got the real bacon bits, much better, but I couldn't get past the feeling I was eating straight mayo...
- 1 (32 ounce) jar Miracle Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) jarhormel or oscar mayer real bacon (crumbles or bits)
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients well in large bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- I like to take a large loaf of Italian Bread, and cut a section of the bread out of the top, to form a"well", and cut up the bread that I remove from the"well" into large cubes for dipping, and pour the dip into the"bread bowl".
- Then place the bread loaf on a large platter, and arrange the cubes of bread around it!
- This makes for an attractive and delicious presentation!
- Can also be served with cocktail rye, or chips.
- This makes a lot of dip, so for smaller groups, cut recipe in 1/2.