Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on the popular sandwich! This is a definite crowd pleaser! Would be awesome at any party but I think especially Super Bowl or football get together! Try this with crackers or tortilla chips or get RAVE reviews and use a loaf of King's Hawaiian Bread!...... http://www.kingshawaiian.com/products/products_original.php.......... Just tear bread from center of round loaf and spoon dip in it's place! Bread pieces can be used as dippers and the bowl is edible! Cool! :)
- 1 lb turkey bacon, cooked, crumbled (regular bacon would be fine too)
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- green onion, chopped
- 1 loaf Hawaiian bread (Kings Hawaiian Sweet Bread- Round) (optional)
- Add all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Hollow out the middle of the bread loaf, reserving pieces of bread for dipping, and spoon dip into the reservoir.
- Note: 1/2 cup bacon bits can be substituted for the bacon.
I just tried this dip. It is fantastic! Very delicious.
Made for the Appetizers Photo Forum. This is a great dip, the only thing I would do different next time is to use less of the seasoned salt but that's a personal preference...my doctor's, hehehe, not mine.
We LOVE this dip!! I use minced red onion, and chop up some dill pickle instead of the seasonings. Easy, qiick and yummy!