Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from Martha White.
Make and share this BLT Cornbread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons crisco pure vegetable oil
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- HEAT oven to 450°F Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray; place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
- BEAT egg in medium bowl. Add all remaining cornbread ingredients; mix well. Pour into prepared hot skillet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes while making salad.
- COOK bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- COMBINE cooked bacon, tomatoes, onion and parsley in large bowl. Add mayonnaise and pepper; mix to coat. Cut cornbread into 1/2-inch pieces. Add cornbread to salad; toss gently to mix. Cover tightly; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve over lettuce, if desired.