Recipe by Karen in MA
A clever, deconstructed BLT: Bread coats chicken in the form of breadcrumbs, bacon is cooked with lettuce and tomato for a simple side, and a dollop of seasoned mayonnaise acts as a sauce. Panko is available in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets and at Asian markets. from Bon Appetit, June 2008
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed baby greens
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Season mayonnaise with salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Add tomatoes and cumin. Increase heat; cook 2 minutes.
- Add greens; toss until barely wilted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle vinegar over and toss to blend; season with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place panko in shallow bowl; press chicken into panko to coat on both sides.
- Heat oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through and golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place chicken atop greens and serve with mayonnaise.