Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
Tweaked up from TOH's 2001 Quick Cooking Annual, a family favorite! Get everything ready then throw it together right before serving.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37-59.16 ml barbecue sauce
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1892.72 ml lettuce, bite-size
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, bite-size chunks
- 10 slice bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Combine dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Place lettuce in serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining salad ingredients.
- At serving time, drizzle salad with dressing, toss and serve.
- Cooking time is for the eggs (bring to a boil, boil 3 minutes, turn off & let sit in hot water for 11 minutes, pour off hot water, cover with ice-water, begin peeling) and bacon (fry & drain on paper towels) and chicken (cover breast meat with half water & cooking sherry, simmer until meat is just barely pink, remove from heat, drain & cut) -- do these in an overlapping style, and you'll be done in no time!
Yummy blend of flavors! Lots of great veggies and protein, and the wonderful zip from the dressing. I used homemade BBQ sauce and fat free mayo - very unique touch! Thanks for sharing!
I really liked the dressing. I used Miracle Whip (light) instead of mayo and it still tasted good. I added some cucumbers from the garden and thought it was a nice addition. Thanks!
Fantastic! I went on a 'zaar search for a lettuce and chicken salad and found this winner! I would have never thought of adding BBQ sauce to make a dressing, and this intriqued me. I already had my chicken cooked, so I didn't use the sherry to simmer. I added some grated cheddar over the top. Every bite was wonderful! Thanks Debber!