Tweaked up from TOH's 2001 Quick Cooking Annual, a family favorite! Get everything ready then throw it together right before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups lettuce, bite-size
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, bite-size chunks
- 10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Combine dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Place lettuce in serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining salad ingredients.
- At serving time, drizzle salad with dressing, toss and serve.
- Cooking time is for the eggs (bring to a boil, boil 3 minutes, turn off & let sit in hot water for 11 minutes, pour off hot water, cover with ice-water, begin peeling) and bacon (fry & drain on paper towels) and chicken (cover breast meat with half water & cooking sherry, simmer until meat is just barely pink, remove from heat, drain & cut) -- do these in an overlapping style, and you'll be done in no time!