Recipe by Debber
Tweaked up from TOH's 2001 Quick Cooking Annual, a family favorite! Get everything ready then throw it together right before serving.
Top Review by Starrynews
Yummy blend of flavors! Lots of great veggies and protein, and the wonderful zip from the dressing. I used homemade BBQ sauce and fat free mayo - very unique touch! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 cups lettuce, bite-size
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, bite-size chunks
- 10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Place lettuce in serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining salad ingredients.
- At serving time, drizzle salad with dressing, toss and serve.
- Cooking time is for the eggs (bring to a boil, boil 3 minutes, turn off & let sit in hot water for 11 minutes, pour off hot water, cover with ice-water, begin peeling) and bacon (fry & drain on paper towels) and chicken (cover breast meat with half water & cooking sherry, simmer until meat is just barely pink, remove from heat, drain & cut) -- do these in an overlapping style, and you'll be done in no time!