- 36 cherry tomatoes or 36 yellow cherry tomatoes, stems removed (or both)
- 2 cups chopped butter lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 8 slices)
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly slice tops from cherry tomatoes and scrape out and throw away pulp and seeds.
- Then slice just enough off the bottom of each tomato to form a flat base so the tomato will sit up.
- Place tomatoes upside down on paper towels and set aside to drain.
- In small bowl combine lettuce, bacon and just enough mayonnaise to hold stuffing together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving fill tomato shells with lettuce-and-bacon stuffing and arrange on platter.