Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband and I love this recipe. Everyone I have ever served this to has asked for seconds. To speed up prep time the bacon can be cooked in the microwave. I have even reduced this recipe to 1 serving and baked in a mini loaf pan. Sometimes for a little different taste I use shredded mexican cheese in place of the cheddar cheese.
- 5 slices toast
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons country gravy mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, diced
- shredded lettuce
- Fry bacon and set aside.
- Scramble eggs and set aside.
- Toast bread and spread with mayonnaise.
- Cut toast into cubes with a pizza cutter.
- Lay cubes in a 8-in square greased baking dish. Try to keep mayo side up.
- Place crumbled bacon on toast cubes.
- Lay american cheese slices on top of bacon.
- Place scrambled eggs on top of the cheese.
- Cover eggs with the diced tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in gravy mix until smooth. Graduallly add milk. Bring to a boil: cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour gravy over casserole.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and onion.
- Bake, uncovered at 325 for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares; serve on lettuce.
This recipe is super easy and I had everything needed on hand :) I didn't add any onions as my family is not big on them - but it still turned out great!
Love this recipe. Had it in a cookbook but misplaced the cookbook. Thanks for sharing.
My DH and I loved this. I forgot to serve this over lettuce, and I added mushrooms. He just asked me to use less tomatoes next time.