1/1 Photo of BLT Casserole
My husband and I love this recipe. Everyone I have ever served this to has asked for seconds. To speed up prep time the bacon can be cooked in the microwave. I have even reduced this recipe to 1 serving and baked in a mini loaf pan. Sometimes for a little different taste I use shredded mexican cheese in place of the cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slices toast
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons country gravy mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- shredded lettuce
- 1Fry bacon and set aside.
- 2Scramble eggs and set aside.
- 3Toast bread and spread with mayonnaise.
- 4Cut toast into cubes with a pizza cutter.
- 5Lay cubes in a 8-in square greased baking dish. Try to keep mayo side up.
- 6Place crumbled bacon on toast cubes.
- 7Lay american cheese slices on top of bacon.
- 8Place scrambled eggs on top of the cheese.
- 9Cover eggs with the diced tomatoes. Set aside.
- 10In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in gravy mix until smooth. Graduallly add milk. Bring to a boil: cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 11Pour gravy over casserole.
- 12Sprinkle with shredded cheese and onion.
- 13Bake, uncovered at 325 for 10 minutes.
- 14Cut into squares; serve on lettuce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.4
- Calories from Fat 636
- Total Fat 70.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 289.6 mg
- Sodium 1511.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
country gravy mix