Recipe by FloridaGrl
These little bites are great! Perfect for appetizers or snacks. You can use plain bacon or even mesquite flavored for a different taste.
Top Review by mscally4
I made this several years ago and my family loved it. I was thinking of what appetizer I could make for Thanksgiving and this was the first thing that came to mind. I searched for it in my Food.com recipe box and coudn't find it. I am glad I found it! Thanks for the great recipe! I can't believe I didn't rate it years ago.
- 5 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled (Maple flavored)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl,combine the bacon, tomato, lettuce, 2 tblspns pesto, basil, salt & pepper; set aside.
- Cut baguette into 36 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil. Bake at 400 for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with remaining pesto; top each slice with 2 teaspoons bacon mixture.