Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Bacon, onions and cheese make great flavors together. Makes a great brunch.
- 8 slices bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 7 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- Arrange 4 slices of bread in the dish, after cutting them in half.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese, onions and bacon.
- Cover each piece with the other 4 slices of bread after cutting them in half.
- Arrange tomato slices over the tops of the bread.
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Pour over the bread.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with remaining cheese, onions and bacon.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.