Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
All the elements of a classic blt made into a salad. From Cooking Light.
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups torn curly leaf lettuce
- 2 cups chopped sedded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place bread cubes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Combine vinegar and next 7 ingredients (through red pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add toasted bread cubes, lettuce and tomato; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with onions and bacon.
- Serve immediately.