Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is summer in a bowl. The flavor of a BLT really comes through, with a bit of BBQ sauce for a kick. It's great any time of year as a main dish or a side. People always ask for the recipe wherever I take this salad.
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 20 bite size cherry tomatoes
- 6 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce (any flavour is good)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a big serving bowl, combine the pasta, romaine, cherry tomatos and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, vinegar and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.
- This is also really good with leftover chicken chopped up and mixed inches Prep time does not include the cooking time.