1/3 Photos of BLT Bow Tie Pasta (Rachael Ray)
Lori Mama's Note:
Another one of her recipes from her TV show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slice good quality smoky bacon, cut into half-inch dice
- 354.88 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 946.38 ml cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g bowtie pasta
- 946.36 ml arugula, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml basil leaves, chopped
- 1Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add bacon and brown to crisp. Remove to plate to drain. Add Panko crumbs to the pan with the bacon drippings and toast to golden brown. Add parsley and grated cheese. Toss to combine, turn off heat and reserve the crumbs.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet with tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook to soften, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add red pepper and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and cover pan tightly with lid. Cook, shaking occasionally, until tomatoes begin to burst, about 8 minutes. Remove cover and gently mash up the tomatoes a bit with a wooden spoon.
- 3Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil for pasta. Salt water and cook bowties. Just before draining, add a cup of the starchy liquid to the cherry tomato sauce. Drain pasta.
- 4Add arugula and basil to the tomato sauce, along with the reserved bacon and drained bowties. Season with black pepper and salt, and toss to combine. Garnish bowls of pasta with the seasoned crumbs and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Bow Tie Pasta (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.3
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 701.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g