Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are so yummy. They taste just like a BLT sandwich without the bread. I made these for thanksgiving and they disappeared in less than 10 minutes! They are so yummy and they look great for entertaining!
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (snipped or dried)
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top.
- Scoop out the insides and drain upside-down on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the tomatoes.
- Chill and serve.
- Oh boy, are they good and pretty too!
I made this today to use up several cherry tomatoes. To make it easier on my self I used my paring knife to cut around the inside of the tomato and giving it a little squeeze. The inside came out quickly. Very tasty! I think next time I migh use 1/4 cup mayo + 1/4 cup garden vegetable cream cheese. Thanks Sarah! I will make this again!
Well, I went to the store for all of the ingredients and came home with grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes. Whoops. What to do? I threw the tomatoes in a big bowl, doubled the recipe and tossed everything together. Voila!! BLT salad. And let me tell you......the bowl was empty at the end of the BBQ and the recipe requests are still coming in via email. I am making it again for my son's birthday this weekend. Thank you!
Simply delicious. The perfect finger food. I know what to do with my cherry tomatoes when the garden is full of them from now on. I made the mixture up in a quart size baggie, snipped off a corner, and filled the tomatoes without too big of a mess. Made for the Saucy Senoritas of ZWT5.