Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook, with some minor amendments. When the crisp rocket lettuce and tzatziki dip is added to the warm pizza, it's a taste sensation. To make your own tzatziki use Tzatziki (Yoghurt, Cucumber, Garlic and Mint Dip).
- 1 plain large pizza crust (i.e. pizza base)
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (amount depending on taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled into pieces (use more if you like)
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/8 inch (3mm)
- 3 cups lettuce, rocket (or romaine)
- 4 tablespoons tzatziki (or mayonnaise, if you don't have tzatziki)
- Brush olive oil over the pizza base.
- Spread 3/4 of the mozzarella over the oiled surface.
- Distribute bacon pieces over the cheese.
- Place enough tomato slices over the bacon to cover the pizza in one single layer.
- Spread another layer of mozzarella over the tomatoes.
- Transfer to the preheated Pizza Maker machine (or to a very hot oven) and cook until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the centre is bubbling (8 to 10 minutes).
- While pizza is cooking mix the tzatziki or mayonnaise (as much as you'd like) with the lettuce.
- When the pizza is ready, remove, cut into pieces and add the dressed lettuce to each piece. Serve immediately.
Great blend of flavors, and a very unique twist on pizza! I had leftover homemade tzatziki to use up, and this was a great use for it! Thanks for sharing!
Very creative idea! The tzatziki is so unusual and good in this (I definitely would not sub mayonnaise). I added more tzatziki than called for, used less cheese and put the tomatoes on raw at the end. It was a really good combination.
This turned out really good! I made it healthy by using whole wheat crust, turkey bacon, reduced fat cheese and light ranch dressing mixed with basil. It was super easy and my whole family loved it. Thanks for posting!