Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy appetizer that tastes great. It would be a good appetizer for anyone on a low-carb diet.
- 4 ripe tomatoes (chilled)
- 4 slices bacon (sautéed and crumbled)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- black pepper
- Slice tomatoes 1/2" thick.
- Place on a platter.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
- Top each tomato slice with a small dab of mayonnaise.
- You could thin the mayonnaise with a small amount of milk, put it in a pastry bag and decoratively swirl it over the tomatoes for a more elegant look.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of black pepper.