Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad. We use it alone for lunch or dinner with some good bread. All the flavors blend so well, and the presentation really impressive. Try it soon.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups lettuce, torn
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced 1/8-inch thick, separated into rings
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices bacon, crisp, crumbled
- In a small bowl stir together all the dressing ingredients.
- Place lettuce on individual plates or serving platter.
- Arrange avocado, tomato, onion and mandarin oranges on the lettuce.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon.
- Pour dressing over salad.