Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mixed salad greens (a blend of iceberg, romaine, red cabbage and carrot)
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1⁄2 cup bottled ranch dressing
- Cook bacon, drain on paper towels.
- When cool, break into large pieces.
- Meanwhile peel the avocado and slice.
- Cut each tomato in 8 wedges.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except dressing and toss.
- Arrange salad on plate and drizzle with dressing.
Wow a BLT without the bread!! I did not bother with the corn so I don't know if it would have enhansed it or not. The Avo was overcome with everything else so I don't think I'll add it the next time. Glad you posted it Stephanie.
This was a very tasty salad. Personally, I didn't find the corn added a lot & would probably leave that out next time. This was well received at a potluck & would also make a good main dish salad when the weather is hot.
Great recipe, Stephanie. I left the corn out, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. We had a dinner party at which I served this, and our guests remarked how good the combination was. Thanks for submitting it, I'll make it again.