Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
The Best Marinade in the world no doubt about it. You could also cook a beef roast in this.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups red wine (only use stuff you would drink yourself)
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 14 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Compine all ingredients in a deep pan and cook for 3 hours.
- Strain Marinate beef or game for 12-24 hours in refrigerator.
We really enjoyed the marinade on venison steaks, a great flavour, thanks for posting