1/1 Photo of Blow Your Mind Macaroni Cheese
Need I say any more?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb butter, plus extra
- butter, for dish
- 1 1/4 lbs elbow macaroni
- 2 cups double cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (1 small onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup flour
- 6 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- ground pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly butter a 9x13x4-inch baking dish.
- 3Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat and cook macaroni until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, combine cream and milk.
- 5In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the 1/2 pound of butter and cook the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the flour, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- 7Add the cream mixture in a steady stream and whisk until smooth.
- 8Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9Stir in 4 cups of the cheddar, 1 cup of the grated parmesan, the Tabasco and cumin.
- 10Stir until the cheese has melted (the sauce will be very thick and creamy).
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in macaroni.
- 13Pour the mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and parmesan and finally bread crumbs.
- 14Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until bubbling and brown on top.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blow Your Mind Macaroni Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (739 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2503.7
- Calories from Fat 1511
- Total Fat 167.9 g
- Saturated Fat 103.9 g
- Cholesterol 519.3 mg
- Sodium 2577.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 92.7 g