Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of the many amazing recipes we made in our raw foods cooking class last month. Raw cacoa powder is chocolate in the purest form, and it has the most INTENSE chocolate flavor. A Vitamix blender is almost a MUST for this recipe, in order to get the dates blended smooth enough to be like pudding. Soaking them for at least 2 hours helps a LOT. Recipe can easily be doubled
- 473.18 ml dates, pitted, soaked for 2 hours
- 118.29 ml raw cacao powder
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml frozen cherries
- water, as needed to blend
- Add to vitamix and blend until smooth. Be patient, dates are tough. Try not to let the blender run because it can heat up the mixture inside and then it isn't RAW anymore : >.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I was ready to give five stars after licking the spoon! But then after it set up in the fridge it was even better! I can imagine this would mold beautifully and I already have plans to make it as a pie filling as it would be very sliceable. I did make one change -- I used cherry preserves in place of the cherries because I couldn't find any. It turned out so well, I don't know if I'd risk doing it any differently next time. I can imagine this would be perfect for a vitamin, but my food processor handled it just fine. YUM!
This IS mind-blowing! Made this for sweet toothed DH and he was raving. Luckily my dates were very soft so I had no problems getting them smooth. Also I took the trouble to chop them prior to soaking which sure helped, too.
Thanks for sharing this winner, I'll definitely have to make it again ;-)
Made for Think Pink 2011.