Recipe by VegeMight
This is a beautiful rich balm that I've made to massage into my belly during pregnancy. Rich, nourishing and natural. Ingredients can be sourced from health food shops. You can add a couple of drops of essential oil, if desired.
Top Review by Abby Girl
I know, with my knowledge of working with different carrier and exotic oils that this is a sound recipe from the ingredients listed. But my only caution would be to be very careful about using essential oils during pregnancy. Unless you are familiar with their own special properties, some could promote labour. Mind you, if you are 10 months pregnant, this might be somethat you do want!!!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 4 tablespoons shea butter
- 4 teaspoons natural beeswax
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into a heat-proof bowl.
- Place bowl in a saucepan of simmering water and slowly melt ingredients while stirring.
- When wax has completely melted, remove mixture from heat.
- Place into sterilised jar.
- Allow to cool and set before massaging into skin.
- Store in refrigerator, as balm contains no preservatives.