Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Streaks and flecks of color mark this delectable butter. From Deborah Madison's cookbook, Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.
- 113.39 g butter
- 29.58 ml finely chopped mixed herbs (basil, marjoram, chives and thyme)
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh edible flowers, blossoms (sage, rosemary, borage, calendula, or nasturtium)
- sea salt
- fresh ground white pepper (or black)
- Start with butter at room temperature. Add all ingredients, and mix them together with a wooden spoon.
- You may move them to a crock, or set on a sheet of wax paper, rolled into a cylinder, and frozen until firm.Once frozen, the butter can be sliced into thibn disks and floated on soups or on top of veggies, baked potatoes, over steaks, etc. Great on a cucumbr sandwich(especially with nasturtiums)!