Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
This came from an old QC. The kids really enjoy making them and they are very cute. If I ever remember to take a picture of them, I'll post it. :) The original recipe called for currant jelly but we like raspberry.
- 10 frozen white bread rolls dough, thawed
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons raspberry jelly, divided
- 1 teaspoon mint jelly, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one roll in the center of a greased baking sheet.
- Shape six rolls into ovals and place around center roll, forming a flower.
- For stem, roll one roll into a 5" rope, place rope touching the flower.
- Shape 2 remaining rolls into leaf shapes and place on each side of stem.
- Cover and let rise until doubled,about 30 minute.
- With the end of a wooden spoon, make an indentation in the center of each petal, flower center and leaf.
- Fill petals and flower center with raspberry jelly. Fill leaves with mint jelly.
- Bake @ 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to a wire rack.Fill in each indentation with more jelly if needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners sugar, milk, butter and extract.
- Drizzle over warm sweet rolls.