1/9 Photos of Bloomin' Sugar Cookies
1 hr 40 mins
These are from the May 2001 issue of Creative Home magazine. They make a very rich sugar cookie that melts in your mouth. I use the large Wilton cookie cutters with the rubber grippers. My kids and I make flowers and butterflies in the spring, and leaves and sunflowers in the fall.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat margarine or butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-to-high speed about 30 seconds or until softened.
- 2Add about half of the flour, the sugar, egg, baking powder, and vanilla to the margarine mixture. Beat until thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Then beat or stir in the remaining flour.
- 3Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours, until easy to handle.
- 4On a lightly floured surface roll each portion of dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut into 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inch shapes (I use the large Wilton cookie cutters).
- 5Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned.
- 6Carefully remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.
- 7Frost with Meringue Powder Glaze (Meringue Powder Glaze).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bloomin' Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 137.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g