Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posting this recipe for safe keeping. I have not tried it yet. Servings and Yield are estimates as they were not listed. Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything; inspired from the Changeable Table
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (unsliced round)
- 12 -16 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (or Provolone cheese)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
- Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet and insert cheese slices and pepperoni between cuts. Combine butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings. Drizzle or brush over bread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle bread with Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap bread completely in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and pepperoni is a little crispy.