Recipe by sofie-a-toast
All over pinterest! This is a fun, pull apart bread. Great served with anything or as an appetizer. Wonderful substitute for garlic bread and the kids will love it!
Top Review by LizzieP
This thing is the shizzzz! I made it for mothers day and as I was making it I was thinking- what am I going to do with all these leftovers I'm going to have? It's huge!! That thing was devoured in about 4 minutes. It is amazing. Absolutely perfect starter for a party, this will probably be in my holiday rotation from now on too.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, unsliced
- 12 -16 ounces monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Insert cheese slices between cuts.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, onion, and poppy seeds. Pour over bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.