Recipe by Vye367
I know, there must be a thousand recipes for smoothies on RecipeZaar, but I made this one today and it was pretty amazing; see what you think. The blood orange has a very delicate taste which isn't quite citrus which compliments the banana very well, and makes it a pretty pinkish-purple color. I suppose you don't need to add the protein powder, but it adds more substance, and besides, I love the consistancy it gives. P.S.- you can freeze the banana with the peel on, but it just makes it so much easier to peel it first.
- 1 blood orange, peeled, separated into sections and frozen
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (I use Spirutein)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (if you want it very creamy)
- 1⁄2 cup water (if you don't)