Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was featured on "Food 911" with Tyler Florence. I love a good, spicy Bloody Mary and this "fits the bill"! He recommends you use a vegetable juice that is thicker than just plan tomato juice.
- 6 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons horseradish (grated fresh or prepared horseradish)
- 2 quarts tomato juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups peppar vodka, chilled in the freezer
- 1 stalk celery, for serving
- cucumber, spears for serving
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Combine the lime juice, celery seed, and horseradish in a pitcher. Muddle the mixture with the end of a wooden spoon to blend and break up the celery seeds. Pour in the tomato juice, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together to combine.
- Divide the vodka among 6 tall, chilled glasses filled with ice. Fill the glasses with the bloody mary mix, stick in the celery and cucumber and garnish with the cilantro. Give the bloody mary a good stir and serve.