Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe taken from our local township Advance Newspaper. Serving amounts are a total guess and the cooking time is the chilling time.
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 pints tomatoes (cherry or grape, cut in 1/2) or 3 pints tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- In a large bow, whisk horseradish, oil, vodka (if using), lemon juice, pepper sauce, worcestershire sauce, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. freshly ground pepper until blended.
- Add tomatoes, celery, and zucchini and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- To serve, toss again to coat with dressing.
What an interesting recipe...I enjoyed making it and hubby and I enjoyed eating it...I loved all the ingredients...the only problem I had was trying to get the zucchini to be more friendly...they kept wanting to hang out together...:)...but I was able to force them to mingle...
What a lovely salad this was! I used cucumber instead of zuchinni, cut my celery super fine (I like the taste but not the texture of celery so need to diguise it) and used the vodka. A great way to use our home grown baby Italian tomatoes.
I made this using my garden cherry tomatoes, I did make few amount adjustments and omitted the celery and added in garden cucumbers, this made and enjouyed for KK's Grilling forum tag game, thanks Sus!