1 hr 15 mins
So, you can understand when I saw Bloody Mary terrine on netdoctor’s Healthy Living/Recipes section http://www.netdoctor.co.uk Credit to mickeydownunder http://whatsonthelist.wordpress.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes or 3 cups plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt (I used Himalayan fine ground)
- olive oil
- 2 1/4 lbs red capsicums (also called red peppers)
bloody mary mix
- 1Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a roasting tin.
- 2Sprinkle the chopped garlic, caster sugar, salt and black pepper over.
- 3Drizzle with olive oil. Cook under a hot grill for about 10min or until the tomatoes have softened and some of the skins look charred.
- 4Put to one side to cool.
- 5Quarter, core and deseed the peppers; grill skin-side up for 7-10min or until skins are charred.
- 6Turn peppers over and grill for a further 5min. Remove skins by putting the peppers into a plastic bag and sealing for 5min.
- 7When they are cool enough to handle, the skins will lift off easily.
- 8For the Bloody Mary mix, put the lemon juice into a measuring jug and add cold water to make up to 90ml (3½fl oz).
- 9Pour into a heatproof bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over and leave for 5min.
- 10Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water until the liquid runs clear. Put aside to cool.
- 11In a large bowl, mix together the tomato juice, vodka, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and the seasoning.
- 12Stir the cooled, dissolved gelatine into the Bloody Mary mix, then pour into a jug and put the mixture to one side.
- 13Lightly oil a 1.1 litre (2 pint) terrine mould and line with cling film.
- 14Put a quarter of the roasted peppers into the terrine and pour in enough Bloody Mary mix to cover.
- 15Add a layer of chopped basil, followed by a third of the tomatoes and cover with Bloody Mary mix.
- 16Continue layering, finishing with the peppers. Tap the terrine on a work surface to distribute the liquid evenly, fold up the cling film edges to cover the surface and chill for 4hr or until set.
- 17Serve as a starter with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, bitter green salad leaves and warm crusty bread.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bloody Mary Terinne
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 778.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g