1 hr 12 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) filet mignon (6 to 8 ounces each and 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups tomato juice or 2 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup vodka (preferably Absolut Peppar) or 1/4 cup gin (preferably Absolut Peppar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish or 1 tablespoon white prepared horseradish
- 1 -2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Tomato Horseradish Butter
- 1Make the Tomato Horseradish Butter: mince the soaked tomatoes; place them in a food processor; add in the garlic and butter.
- 2Process about 2 minutes, until light and creamy; add in the horseradish, lime juice, and pepper; process until blended.
- 3Place a 12-inch square piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on your work surface.
- 4Put the flavored butter at the bottom edge and roll the butter into a log, twisting the ends to make a :”tootsie-roll” like tight cylinder.
- 5Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about 2 hours; to serve, unwrap the butter and cut off 4 slices, each ½ inch thick.
- 6**This makes about twice the amount you will need for the Bloody Mary Steaks; the remainder can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen 3 months.
- 7Make the steaks: put the steaks in a nonreactive baking dish; pour the olive oil over them.
- 8Turn the steaks a couple of times to coat with oil.
- 9Add the tomato juice, vodka, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, Tabasco sauce, celery salt, and pepper in a nonreactive bowl; whisk to combine.
- 10Taste for seasoning, adding more Worcestershire sauce as necessary.
- 11Pour this Bloody Mary marinade over the steaks; let them marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 1-2 hours, turning the steaks a couple of times.
- 12Set up grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- 13When ready to cook, drain the marinade from the steaks and discard marinade.
- 14Brush and oil the grill grate; place steaks on hot grate, on a diagonal to the bars.
- 15Grill until cooked to taste, 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 16Rotate each steak a quarter turn after 2 minutes on each side to create attractive grill marks.
- 17Using tongs, turn the steaks on their sides to brown the edges.
- 18Transfer steaks to a platter; let rest for about 3 minutes.
- 19Cut Tomato Horseradish Butter into rounds and place on top of each steak.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bloody Mary Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.0
- Calories from Fat 634
- Total Fat 70.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 180.1 mg
- Sodium 682.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: