2 hrs 30 mins
Ann Cecile's Note:
This is so much better than throwing together cooked and peeled shrimp with cocktail sauce as an appetizer. I have taken this to many adult gatherings and it has been a hit. Very easy to make as well. An oversized martini or margarita glass is the perfect serving dish for this updated shrimp cocktail.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Arrange shrimp in a single layer in shallow rectangular glass or plastic dish so the shrimp rest in the marinate. Actually a gallon ziplock bag works fine - but marinate must cool prior to combining.
- 2Heat tomato juice, vodka, and pepper sauce to boiling in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 3Stir in sugar; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in celery salt and parsley.
- 5Pour marinate over shrimp, cover, refrigerate, but not more than 3 hours as tomato juice will begin to tough shrimp if left longer.
- 6Mix cocktail sauce and olives; pour into small serving bowl. Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon; arrange on serving platter. Serve shrimp with sauce and toothpicks.
- 7Serve with sauce and toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Beginner Cook Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bloody Mary Shrimp Cocktail (Betty Crocker)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 477.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seafood cocktail sauce