Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This is so much better than throwing together cooked and peeled shrimp with cocktail sauce as an appetizer. I have taken this to many adult gatherings and it has been a hit. Very easy to make as well. An oversized martini or margarita glass is the perfect serving dish for this updated shrimp cocktail.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer in shallow rectangular glass or plastic dish so the shrimp rest in the marinate. Actually a gallon ziplock bag works fine - but marinate must cool prior to combining.
- Heat tomato juice, vodka, and pepper sauce to boiling in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in sugar; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in celery salt and parsley.
- Pour marinate over shrimp, cover, refrigerate, but not more than 3 hours as tomato juice will begin to tough shrimp if left longer.
- Mix cocktail sauce and olives; pour into small serving bowl. Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon; arrange on serving platter. Serve shrimp with sauce and toothpicks.
- Serve with sauce and toothpicks.