Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A fun, pretty appetizer and delishious too!! 2 to 3 hour chill time.
Make and share this Bloody Mary Shrimp Cocktail recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange shrimp in single layer in rectangular glass or plastic dish.
- Heat tomato juice, vodka if using and pepper sauce to boiling in 1 quart saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in sugar; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,.
- Stir in celery salt and parsley; pour over shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- (no longer than 3 hours or the shrimp will become tough.) Mix cocktail sauce and olives; pour into small serving bowl.
- Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon; arrange on serving platter.
- Serve shrimp with sauce and toothpicks.
- A pretty way to serve: Place shrimp in an oversized martini glass, 12 to 14 inches in diameter.
- Pour cocktail sauce mixture over shrimp, and garnish like a bloody Mary with a skewer of colossal olives, small lime wedges and a celery stick.
This was a hit. I already had an oversized martini glass and served the cocktail sauce in a small martini class. Very easy and tasty appetizer w/ a great appearance.
I was expecting something more flavorful, I think. More like real Bloody Mary, I guess. It was good, not mind blowing. Rinsed some shrimp and tasted, comparing them to the unrinsed ones and salt wasn't a problem. So I would not rinse in order to keep some of the flavor. I will add more vodka and celery salt next time.
Great addition to my holiday party menu! Colorful and festive in the oversized martini glass.