- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, about 60,thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup vodka (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange shrimp in single layer in rectangular glass or plastic dish.
- Heat tomato juice, vodka if using and pepper sauce to boiling in 1 quart saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in sugar; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,.
- Stir in celery salt and parsley; pour over shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- (no longer than 3 hours or the shrimp will become tough.) Mix cocktail sauce and olives; pour into small serving bowl.
- Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon; arrange on serving platter.
- Serve shrimp with sauce and toothpicks.
- A pretty way to serve: Place shrimp in an oversized martini glass, 12 to 14 inches in diameter.
- Pour cocktail sauce mixture over shrimp, and garnish like a bloody Mary with a skewer of colossal olives, small lime wedges and a celery stick.