Recipe by Vseward Chef-V
OMG ... I was craving bloody mary's and shrimp and this was a huge hit! I would make more shrimp. . . Everyone loves to snack while having a bevy, and the shrimp is tender, moist and goes great with a bloody mary. Stick of celery ..... need I say more?
- 22 ounces spicy V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (I use Tapatio to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Pickapeppa Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- fresh ground pepper
- celery salt (optional)
- 3 ounces peppar vodka
- ice cube
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 -6 jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined (tail left on)
- celery rib (to garnish)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake V8, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Tapatio/Tabasco, celery seed, salt, pepper and vodka in a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Mix well and chill.
- Shrimp: in a small saucepan, heat wine, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Poach shrimp just until pink and curled, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place on ice and refrigerate.
- When completely chilled, season lightly with salt and serve with bloody mary.
- Fill two tall glasses with ice and divide the Bloody Mary between the glasses. Garnish each drink with 2 shrimp on short skewers. Add Celery and a thick Lemon Wedge to garnish.