Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
OMG ... I was craving bloody mary's and shrimp and this was a huge hit! I would make more shrimp. . . Everyone loves to snack while having a bevy, and the shrimp is tender, moist and goes great with a bloody mary. Stick of celery ..... need I say more?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 22 ounces spicy V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (I use Tapatio to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Pickapeppa Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- fresh ground pepper
- celery salt (optional)
- 3 ounces peppar vodka
- ice cube
- 1Shake V8, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Tapatio/Tabasco, celery seed, salt, pepper and vodka in a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Mix well and chill.
- 2Shrimp: in a small saucepan, heat wine, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- 3Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- 4Poach shrimp just until pink and curled, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Place on ice and refrigerate.
- 6When completely chilled, season lightly with salt and serve with bloody mary.
- 7Fill two tall glasses with ice and divide the Bloody Mary between the glasses. Garnish each drink with 2 shrimp on short skewers. Add Celery and a thick Lemon Wedge to garnish.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bloody Mary & Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 1010.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: