1/1 Photo of Bloody Mary Salad
From Culinary Tour magazine. Chicken broth can be substituted for the vodka if you wish. This is fun to serve to guests because they are each given a "shot glass" of dressing for pouring over the salad! No ID required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup vodka (or 1/4 cup stock)
- 2/3 cup spicy vegetable juice (V8 juice, 5.5 ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1DRESSING: In a saucepan over medium-high, heat the olive oil. Saute the shallots until soft about 2-3 minutes.
- 2Deglaze the pan with vodka; simmering until almost all evaporated. Add the V8 juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, sugar, horseradish, celery seed, and fresh lemon juice.
- 3Boil the mixture for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and chill. Dressing can be prepared several hours in advance.
- 4SALAD: Toss remaining ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Divide the mixture among 4 plates, arranging on each plate a shot glass filled with the salad dressing, placed to the side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bloody Mary Salad
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 547.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives