Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
If you like your Bloody Mary spicy and decadent then you will love this recipe! I like my Bloody Mary to be thick with small bits so I tried this recipe without straining it and just loved it (I used a food processor)! It was also very good strained for those that do not like them thick. The Kahlua adds a nice richness and a slight sweetness that tones down the peppers. This IS a Spicy Bloody Mary and it IS wonderful! For a Bloody Mary that is not as spicy you can use regular V8 instead of the spicy blend. This recipe was created for RSC #10.
- 118.29 ml premium vodka
- 29.58 ml finely chopped red onions
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml capers
- 295.73 ml spicy hot V8 (use regular V8 to tone down the delicious heat)
- 4.92 ml prepared horseradish
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt (optional)
- 4.92 ml Kahlua (optional)
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce, to taste
- celery rib
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor combine vodka, red onions, lemon juice, jalapeño, Dijon mustard and capers and puree until smooth.
- Add V8, horseradish, celery salt, ground pepper, Worcestershire, and salt and blend.
- IF you like your Bloody Mary on the slightly thick side then pour into a tall glass filled with ice. Add Kahlua and Tabasco and stir.
- IF you like your Bloody Marys on the thin side, then strain into tall glass filled with ice. Add Kahlua and Tabasco and stir.
- Serve with lemon wedge and celery rib.