1/7 Photos of Bloody Mary Piquant
If you like your Bloody Mary spicy and decadent then you will love this recipe! I like my Bloody Mary to be thick with small bits so I tried this recipe without straining it and just loved it (I used a food processor)! It was also very good strained for those that do not like them thick. The Kahlua adds a nice richness and a slight sweetness that tones down the peppers. This IS a Spicy Bloody Mary and it IS wonderful! For a Bloody Mary that is not as spicy you can use regular V8 instead of the spicy blend. This recipe was created for RSC #10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup premium vodka
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 1/4 cups spicy hot V8 (use regular V8 to tone down the delicious heat)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
- celery rib
- lemon wedge (optional)
- 1In a blender or food processor combine vodka, red onions, lemon juice, jalapeño, Dijon mustard and capers and puree until smooth.
- 2Add V8, horseradish, celery salt, ground pepper, Worcestershire, and salt and blend.
- 3IF you like your Bloody Mary on the slightly thick side then pour into a tall glass filled with ice. Add Kahlua and Tabasco and stir.
- 4IF you like your Bloody Marys on the thin side, then strain into tall glass filled with ice. Add Kahlua and Tabasco and stir.
- 5Serve with lemon wedge and celery rib.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bloody Mary Piquant
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1004.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: