Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like your Bloody Mary spicy and decadent then you will love this recipe! I like my Bloody Mary to be thick with small bits so I tried this recipe without straining it and just loved it (I used a food processor)! It was also very good strained for those that do not like them thick. The Kahlua adds a nice richness and a slight sweetness that tones down the peppers. This IS a Spicy Bloody Mary and it IS wonderful! For a Bloody Mary that is not as spicy you can use regular V8 instead of the spicy blend. This recipe was created for RSC #10.
- 1⁄2 cup premium vodka
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 1⁄4 cups spicy hot V8 (use regular V8 to tone down the delicious heat)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
- celery rib
- lemon wedge (optional)
- In a blender or food processor combine vodka, red onions, lemon juice, jalapeño, Dijon mustard and capers and puree until smooth.
- Add V8, horseradish, celery salt, ground pepper, Worcestershire, and salt and blend.
- IF you like your Bloody Mary on the slightly thick side then pour into a tall glass filled with ice. Add Kahlua and Tabasco and stir.
- IF you like your Bloody Marys on the thin side, then strain into tall glass filled with ice. Add Kahlua and Tabasco and stir.
- Serve with lemon wedge and celery rib.
This is the best bloody mary i've ever had. my version was vegan, but other than that, i followed the instructions. lovely.
this recipe has filled me with hope. i make milwaukee a wonderful place to visit using this great recipe. god bless the chef
I used regular V8 and about 1/4 of a jalapeno because I am a wuss. This was nicely spiced for me with a little bit of a kick and very enjoyable. I omitted the salt in an effort to keep my sodium level within a healthy range for the day. I would decrease the amount of capers next time--although I love them, a little less in this would have been ok with me.