Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for my Halloween party last year, and it was a hit. It's spicy and definitely different!
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup spicy V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- hot sauce
- red food coloring (optional)
- Puree until smooth in blender or food processor. Chill before serving.
- I served this with celery sticks, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
I put a shot of vodka in it too...I really liked it but it did not go as well as the other dips at my party...
I love this recipe!! Served it as an appy at our Labor Day party and everyone loved it. I did add 2 drops of red food coloring but it really wasn't needed and a shot of vodka - which made it wonderful. I didn't used the tomato puree as didn't think it needed it with the V-8 and I did cut the cream cheese in half as didn't need that much, the spices where perfect and it came together easy. I served with crackers and topped with a green olive and celery stick and it not only tasted wonderful but looked pretty great too. Thanks for posting an easy, attractive and yummy recipe.
Great dip for something different to serve with vegetables. I followed the recipe to a Tee, except for adding the food coloring. However, next time I will add additional horseradish to spice it up some more.