Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by the drink
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pureed sun-dried tomato packed in oil, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pureed sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery, including leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vodka (optional)
- black pepper
- chopped celery, for garnish
- Combine the mashed yolks and mayonnaise; stir in the pureed sun-dried tomatoes, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery, mustard, celery seeds, Tabasco, and vodka.
- Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with chopped celery.
- Chill well before serving.
I really liked the concept, but will tweak the recipe next time. I liked the specks of sundried tomatoes and the flavor is reminiscent to a bloody mary. The horseradish though was overpowering at a the recommended amount and the filling was too wet to fill the eggs. I ended up with extra and stuffed some celery sticks. Next time I will try adding the mayo a bit at a time to get a better texture. <br/>Note: I did reduce the recipe to make fewer eggs so the amounts might work better with the full recipe. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I'm glad I tried it!