Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 liter bloody mary mix
- hot cooked noodles
- Saute the chicken breasts in 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- When golden brown, remove them to the crockpot.
- Add the rest of the butter to the skillet and saute the onions and cook them until tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter and onion mix to form a paste, then add the tomatoes, brown sugar, steak sauce, celery, and the Bloody Mary Mix.
- When heated through, pour the sauce over the chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve Chicken and sauce over hot cooked noodles.
Oh my goodness! This is excellent! I love cooking in a crock pot and this is perfect. The Bloody Mary mix gives the chicken a great flavor. You gotta try this!
This is a great concept, but next time will make a few adjustments, the liter of bloody mary mix was way too much in my opinion and next time will try 1/2. The poor little chickens were swimming in the red sea!! The tastiness of the sauce was wonderful but very thin and did not cling to the noodles well. The chicken breast were a bit dry in the middle and did not absorb the sauce so when we ate leftovers the next day we shredded the chicken and poured sauce over the top, the taste again was wonderful, and I will be experimenting to make a thicker sauce.
This is AMAZING!! We totally loved it. Thanks for posting!!