Recipe by the80srule
Another fun bread from my Bread Maker's Bible-- V-8 Classic will do just fine if you don't have a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's nearby and can cheaply obtain tomato juice. Omit the wheat gluten if using bread flour. Prep time accounts for the dough cycle, mine is 90 minutes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato juice (or V-8)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ingredients to your bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Do a Light or Medium cycle if you want to bake it in the machine. Oven, do a dough cycle then lay a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and mold the dough into a big loaf and bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes.
- I heartily recommend this bread to be eaten with celery stalks, a good pepper jelly, and of course, Bloody Marys with plenty of Absolut Peppar! (Or Blue Flames or Dragon's Breath if you're really masochistic.).